Get Smaller Calves at OZ CLINIC, Seoul

Hello

I've created this blog site Get Smaller Calves for all those who want to know more about Calf Reduction Surgery at OZ CLINIC also some hints and tips for Seoul. I have personally experienced the surgery and am pleased with my result so far. I will add a journal of my experience that I wrote from my trip in Seoul. I hope you find it helpful.

If you have any questions or anything you want to discuss please don't hesitate to email me at get.smaller.calves@gmail.com
I'd be more than happy to help you if I can.

Before surgery


Left leg = 37.5cm, Right leg = 37.0cm

After surgery (9 weeks later)


Left leg = 34cm, Right leg = 33.5cm

Important!! Hints and Tips before you arrive in Seoul

1. Go to the Taxi Stand- be wary of hagglers at the airport, you will GET RIPPED OFF by them. From Incheon International Airport to Young Dong Hotel in a 'regular' taxi- white/grey colour should cost below 80,000WON (not 140,000WON that these scammers will charge you)

2. Bring an adaptor but if you forget, they may have one available to lend you from front desk

3. Bring a laptop with loads of stuff to keep you occupied for your recovery but if you forget or don't have one, front desk may also assist you by lending one out. Otherwise there are a few english TV channels but watching repeated movies can get annoying. You can access free wireless internet from Oz Clinic called 'iptime'

4. Although the Olympics were held in Seoul, not everybody speaks English. I brought 'Lonely Planet- Seoul' along with me. Or bring a translation book. Taxi Drivers sometimes found it easier to read the Korean Names of locations

5. Don't be scared to ask for extra pillows, crockery (for cereal)

6. Prepare yourself before hand. Buy some water and food before the surgery- after surgery walking may not be so easy. There is complementary 1 bottle of water per day from the hotel

DAY 2 (Saturday 20th June 2009)

It was an uncomfortable night's sleep. I had to sleep on my back all night, I couldn't move because my legs were so heavy. I have my checkup today at 11am. It took sooooo long to get downstairs and into the car! What's worse is that my room is on the end of the floor. Way too much walking for my liking. I had to climb onto the operating table, face down. I couldn’t get onto the table and was just kinda half on it. My jogging pants were tight and it hurt trying to lift it up (so I suggest to bring super flared pants or a long skirt is better). Amy cleaned up the dried blood on my legs and cleaned up around the stitches too. It was painful because my legs were so sensitive. Dr Park removed the foam splint and I had steri strips placed on top of the stitches and then a bandaid thing over that. My legs were wrapped in bandages. I turned onto my back and had to do some stretches. My friend said that my legs are big and bruised in different colours- black and blue and purple. I had to lie on my back to bend my knees, the first one hurt a lot but then after a few stretches it was ok. Dr Park said my left is stronger but then I noticed when I got home that my left leg clicked behind the knee and hurt for a minute or so. Then I had to get up, very slowly and stand against the wall. Dr Park made me do the calf stretch, I thought after 5 minutes we could stop. But actually he wanted me to touch my belly to the wall! OMG. I could barely stand last night let alone stretch. I could go for 3 minutes but then I get real sweaty and quite light headed. My friend encouraged me to push harder. I finally got my belly to the wall, then Dr Park pushed a bit harder. He is really strong. It felt like a very good calf stretch, not like when you stretch after a workout, but a 'real' stretch. Then we had to wait 30 minutes inside the resting room. 30 minutes passed and then it took me ages to get downstairs to the car. Young Dong is very helpful, they take us to Oz Clinic and pick us up if they can otherwise a taxi ride is only about 2400 WON. Some other stupid car was blocking the way so I had to walk around it! We got back to the hotel room, and it was time again for stretching. My friend is such a Nazi, he is making me stretch…But I need that.

As the day progresses my walking worsens and my left leg is really starting to sting a lot. Its really hard to walk. It was a really long night, I couldn’t sleep well at all. I don’t want to drink anymore because I don’t want to get up and walk to the bathroom but I’m so thirsty. My jaw is aching too because I think I clenched it in my sleep from the entire struggle. Next checkup on Monday 11am again.

No comments:

Post a Comment